drill-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Date Thu, 11 Oct 2012 07:59:10 GMT
I would like to shepherd the web front end, the query parser and some
documentation into the project next.

Michael,

You have the web front end ready it sounds like.  Can you provide us a
walk-through?

Camuel,

You and your team have the parser in some kind of shape.  We still need to
discuss and settle on an intermediate language to pass to the query
optimizer and source code organization.  Also, how does the syntax below
look to you as a target?

Julian H,

Can you comment on what you would like to see as a logical plan syntax?  My
thought was to describe the logical plan as virtual assignments in a style
similar to (but very distinct from) LLVM.  The syntax would look something
like this:

   dest := op arg1, arg2, ... argN

op would be one of a small list of operators.  Arg's would be destinations
from earlier in the file.  Even arithmetic expressions and built-in
functions would be in this form.

Would this look OK to you?

If so, what list of op's should we target first?