drill-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject branding and technical trivial items
Date Mon, 15 Oct 2012 22:36:07 GMT
Three questions here, none of which have to do with technical substance.

----- Branding -----

Tomer seems to have created or had created a drill logo for the bay area
users' group.  See
http://www.meetup.com/Bay-Area-Apache-Drill-User-Group/in the upper
left.

What is the sense of the group about whether this or something like it
should be our logo?  I don't really want to have a month-long discussion of
a logo, but we should have one eventually and deciding early is probably
easier than later.

Associated with that, is there a bright spark who feels that they could do
lots better?  If so, have at it and let's discuss the options.

----- Technical -----

I have been saying "logical plan" for the (hopefully) universal
representation that comes out of the parser plus some semantic steps.
 Jason and Julian have indicated that a more standard term would be
"physical plan".  I am happy to switch the plan doc to standard
nomenclature.

What say ye all?

Along similar lines, it appears that database articles have DAG's that flow
upwards.  I have been drawing them downwards simply because that is the
default in Omnigraffle.  I can invert and draw them going upwards if it is
the consensus that it matters/is preferable.

What say ye to this?