drill-dev mailing list archives

From "Siprell, Stefan" <stefan.sipr...@exxeta.de>
Subject Re: Introduction
Date Sat, 19 Jan 2013 18:30:10 GMT
Hi,
started work on the first page. I needed to get my hands on some demo data and wrap my head
around things. I did not yet start the use cases, but prepared the ground work. I do have
some questions:

* I drew a UML diagram. I saw that there is some glifffy support in confluenc,e but the free
account is pretty much useless. I used omni graffle to draw the diagram, but this is payware
on the mac - is there some usable freeware alternative? Don't mention tigris :-)
* I have some ideas on the queries, but I am not sure how I should specify them? Should I
use pseudo SQL? Prose? I saw the syntax document on the server, it it mature enough, that
I attempt to use its syntax? Is there a BNF or better ANTLR grammar I can use to check my
syntax? Should I draw one up while I am at it?

Stefan