drill-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Hausenblas <michael.hausenb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Introduction
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2013 18:54:49 GMT

> Michael Hausenblas is beginning to collect data sets and query examples for
> different plausible use cases ranging from small to large.  He should show
> up on the mailing list shortly and you could coordinate with him.

Welcome, Stefan - great to have you on board!

So the idea would be to compile a list of datasets along with typical (interesting) queries
formulated in natural language. One thing we need to get this off the ground is the Wiki but
I gather Ted is on that ..

Datasets that might be of interest include, but are not restricted to:

 * Wikipedia edit history from [1]
 * Census data (US, Eurostat, etc.)
 * AOL search logs
 * Enron emails [2]

Feel free to come up with additional ones as well.

I suppose we can continue the discussion (who looks into what) here on the list and once the
Wiki is available we can co-ordinate also via it.

Cheers,
		Michael

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Database_download
[2] http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~enron/