drill-dev mailing list archives

From Jason <jason.giedy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: report of off-line conversations and develpments
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2013 19:07:05 GMT
Needs some fill-in and review:

<begin>

*January 2013

Project Name: Apache Drill

Project Summary:

Issues:
Discussions on these key areas were __very focused__ and productive toward
this project's graduation goals:

   1. Healthy discussion of target use cases from the community
   2. New Syntax Interpreter
   3. Continued Logical Plan Syntax discussion & development (with focus on
   JSON)
   4. Leveraging existing ideas/lessons learned from Optiq, LucidDB,
   DynamoBI, Eigenbase and Saffron

How has the community & project developed since the last report:
User interest has slowed due to the Holiday season but discussion on the
the above topics is healthy. Commit and list activity are consistent with
the above. Development is continuing onward.

An addition of employer supported contributor to the project.

New users continue to ask to be formally part of this project.

On going discussion with schema-less data scanners amongst the project
members.

List Summary:
 * http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-drill-dev/
  * Jan 2013, ? subscribers
 * Dec 2012, 264 subscribers
 * Nov 2012, 73 (jira, focused discussions)
 * Oct 2012, 214 (svn, discussions, jira)
 * Sep 2012, 413
 * Aug 2012, 85

*

</end>