drill-dev mailing list archives

From Jacques Nadeau <jacques.dr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: report of off-line conversations and develpments
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2013 21:30:53 GMT
Hey Andrew

I hope the holidays treated you well.

I think you have fair concerns.  Quite a bit of the initial discussions
have happened in the generally accessible Drill Syntax google doc.  That
being said, more needs to happen on JIRA and source control.  I'm currently
working on Drill-5 and was hoping that I could send/share something shortly
that people can respond to.  Because the purpose of the Reference
Interpreter is somewhat ephemeral, I've been more focused on getting
something out that is good enough which is why less discussion has happened
in JIRA.  Part of this was for expedience and part due to me gaining my
bearings on the Apache Drill vision.

Glad you're interested and engaged in this as I think having you work on
some of these pieces would be huge for the Drill community.

I will work to get something up shortly.

Thanks again,
Jacques