drill-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Drill version 0.5.0-incubating
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2014 00:20:47 GMT
Hi,

> 1. Do an audit of non classifed RAT files and verify that we aren't including other licenses.

May be easier to just add Apache headers to a few things.

> 2. Examine whether we are including unecessary license notices in the files (e.g. JUnit)

Yep.

> For points 3 & 4, I think you have a very conservative interpretation of Apache requirements
which goes beyond the guidelines as well as what other projects do.

I think you find the incubator (as a whole) has a more conservative view than me.  While the
vote in only officially on the source release, incubator people may look at the binary for
NOTICE, LICENCE and Category B/Category X license issues. (See thread on UserGrid currently
on general@). It up to you what you do but if you include Category B jars and don't prompt
there's a risk the vote may not pass. If you want I can point out several projects that do
it this way.

Thanks,
Justin