drill-dev mailing list archives

From Aman Sinha <asi...@maprtech.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Drill version 0.5.0-incubating (rc2)
Date Sun, 07 Sep 2014 01:13:03 GMT
+1 (non-binding)

Downloaded the binary tar.gz distribution and installed it on my Mac.  I
did not check the checksums etc since others have done it.  I focussed on
explain plans and result correctness of following types of queries (ran
them all through sqlline in the embedded mode):

   - Inner and outer joins with local filters in the ON clause:  verified
   that for LOJ with local filter on right side, the plan and result looks
   correct.
   - Aggregations such as AVG, STDDEV_*:  :Verified that the plans for
   these are  multi-phase aggregations.   Ran these aggregates with and
   without GROUP-BY on nullable columns containing NULL values and verified
   correctness.
   - SELECT * queries including duplicate columns in the SELECT list:
   verified that duplicate columns are renamed and all * columns are produced.
   - CTAS where the SELECT side has several columns:  verified that column
   names, ordinals and row count are correct.
   - Monitored memory usage of the java process.  It shows a slow rise
   after several queries have been run, so needs investigation.

Overall, 0.5 looks like a solid release.

Aman