drill-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Drill version 0.5.0-incubating (rc2)
Date Sun, 07 Sep 2014 21:28:29 GMT
Yash,

Thanks for the info.

I did a more exhaustive check on my own as well.

The vote is happening right now on the incubator mailing list.  So far we
have +3 and -0.  There were a few persnickety comments and a temporary -1,
but Jacques addressed the objections masterfully and got them to flip to +1.

Only 52 hours left in the vote.

On Sun, Sep 7, 2014 at 1:39 AM, Yash Sharma <yash360@gmail.com> wrote:

> Few basic checks by me:
> - Install instruction was present which was missing last time
> - Notice refers to 2014 instead of 2013
> - Jason & Jacques worked on addition/removal/separation of licences.
>

> On Sun, Sep 7, 2014 at 11:52 AM, Ted Dunning <ted.dunning@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > I haven't had time to do this, but has anybody checked the issues that
> were
> > brought up on previous releases relative to notices and such?
> >

> > On Sat, Sep 6, 2014 at 6:13 PM, Aman Sinha <asinha@maprtech.com> wrote:
> >
> > > +1 (non-binding)
> > >
> > > Downloaded the binary tar.gz distribution and installed it on my Mac.
> > > did not check the checksums etc since others have done it.  I focussed
> on
> > > explain plans and result correctness of following types of queries (ran
> > > them all through sqlline in the embedded mode):
> > >
> > >    - Inner and outer joins with local filters in the ON clause:
> verified
> > >    that for LOJ with local filter on right side, the plan and result
> > looks
> > >    correct.
> > >    - Aggregations such as AVG, STDDEV_*:  :Verified that the plans for
> > >    these are  multi-phase aggregations.   Ran these aggregates with and
> > >    without GROUP-BY on nullable columns containing NULL values and
> > verified
> > >    correctness.
> > >    - SELECT * queries including duplicate columns in the SELECT list:
> > >    verified that duplicate columns are renamed and all * columns are
> > > produced.
> > >    - CTAS where the SELECT side has several columns:  verified that
> > column
> > >    names, ordinals and row count are correct.
> > >    - Monitored memory usage of the java process.  It shows a slow rise
> > >    after several queries have been run, so needs investigation.
> > >
> > > Overall, 0.5 looks like a solid release.
> > >
> > > Aman

> > > machine.

> > jacques@apache.org>

> > download