drill-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Hyde <julianh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Drill version 0.6.0-incubating
Date Mon, 06 Oct 2014 18:46:03 GMT
The good news: I tried using 1.8.0-b132 on mac os x. All tests passed.

The bad news: I tried again on ubuntu 14.04.1 with the latest jdk 1.8 (1.8.0_20-b26) and got
a test failure on two runs. (Sorry, I wiped away the log. But it looked like a real test failure.)
So, it’s worth testing linux.

Also, regarding your remarks that people should do a ‘clean’ before these runs. Of course
it makes sense to clean after checking out a new branch, but I hope you intend that people
can run Drill using JDK 1.8 even on binaries built using JDK 1.7. It would be awkward to require
different binaries for different runtime JDKs.

Julian

On Oct 5, 2014, at 8:51 PM, Julian Hyde <jhyde@apache.org> wrote:

> Aditya,
>
> I tried your branch on JDK 1.8.0-b132 / Ubuntu linux 14.04. It builds
> and the test suite passes.
>
> I'll try on JDK 1.8 mac os tomorrow.
>
> Julian
>
> On Fri, Oct 3, 2014 at 7:20 PM, Aditya <adityakishore@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I have pushed the 3 patches required for Drill to build and run unit tests
>> with JDK8 to my private branch [1]. Now all tests are passing on my
>> machine. Can few more people give it a try?
>>
>> [1] https://github.com/adityakishore/incubator-drill/tree/JAVA-8-SUPPORT
>>
>> On Fri, Oct 3, 2014 at 5:54 PM, Tomer Shiran <tshiran@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Makes sense. As long as we say what JDK version is supported we are fine.
>>> We can expand the compatibility matrix in the next release.

I’ll let others

on Mac
checked that the web

<tnachen@gmail.com>

<yash360@gmail.com>

distributions.
NOTICE, LICENSE Files.
src and binary distributions.
& binary distribution (Embeded
and web interface.

Phillips <

to fix.

that were brought up, but I
candidates last time. The
present.

that we were supposed to fix
can take care of them asap.

Dunning <

at packaging aspects?  What
that we promised to fix in this

Neeraja Rentachintala <
wrote:

> [...]
and played with a variety of JSON
data from MongoDB

PM, Jinfeng Ni <

ball.  Build and run the whole unit
embedded mode and run sample queries.
ball.  Start sqlline in embedded
>>> mode,

10:33 AM, Tomer Shiran <

at 3:06 AM, Steven Phillips <

to propose the release of Apache Drill,

includes 37 resolved JIRAs [1].

are hosted at [2].

be open for 72 hours, ending 3 AM Pacific,

whether your vote is binding or