drill-dev mailing list archives

From Tomer Shiran <tshi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Drill graduation vote
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2014 20:12:36 GMT
That is my understanding as well. I have looked at other projects and that
seems to be the way they've done it. I also think it makes sense -
contributing to a project in the very early phases demonstrates some
additional level of commitment to its success.

Generally, Apache guidelines are that removing a committer requires
consensus among PMC members (excluding that committer...). With that said,
I personally think that it would be fine to allow initial committers to
renounce their committership. Perhaps we should ask the initial committers
to email the private list specifying whether they intend to be involved in
the project going forward. Once we're ready to redo the vote on graduation,
we can see who isn't interested or who didn't reach out.

Does that make sense?