drill-dev mailing list archives

From Jacques Nadeau <jacq...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Drill bylaws
Date Tue, 07 Oct 2014 16:14:18 GMT
I've given this some more thought and I think should fall back to Lazy
Conesus on code commits.  Given that the community is still young and we
have okay but not great diversity, I think it would be best if we made sure
that smaller contingents in the community are heard.  I prefer to be
conservative in making sure each voice is heard early in the development of
Drill.  If we find that the project becomes gridlocked by this, it would be
reasonable to update the bylaws to use a lazy majority fallback instead.

As such, I'm leaning towards a negative vote on the current bylaws. That
said, I'd like to hear from others on how they feel about this.  Thoughts
people?

Jacques