drill-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Altekruse <altekruseja...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Drill graduation vote
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2014 20:13:22 GMT
I think that it would be appropriate to at least reach out to the original
committers and ask if they would like to be more active. That being said,
it would not be unreasonable for us to just leave them out of the PMC and
make them work their way back into the community to earn a spot. The apache
committer documentation lists a process some projects use to convert
committers to an emeritus status after 6 months of inactivity.

>From the apache docs.
Is there a set term for acting as a Committer? Will I have to be elected
again?

No - committer status and merit never expires. If you become inactive for a
time (usually six months or more) your account may be deactivated for
security reasons. Most projects allow reactivation of committer status by
application to the pmc.

Some projects use the concept of a emeritus committer status. This is
typically suitable for those committers who can no longer they can give the
time they feel is required.
http://www.apache.org/dev/committers.html