drill-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Altekruse <altekruseja...@gmail.com>
Subject Taking items to discuss at next Hangout
Date Tue, 14 Oct 2014 19:11:01 GMT
Hello Drillers,

I reported this in our hangout last week, but I would like to make a more
formal announcement to the wider community.

For the past few months we have moved away from weekly meetings in favor of
once monthly Hangouts. I think that this schedule is too infrequent to make
the meetings useful, so I would like to lead an effort to get them going
more frequently again.

One important consideration from our past experience I would like to
consider; there were definitely times when we held meetings weekly that
there was nothing on the agenda and it wasn't really worth everyones time
getting together.

For this reason I would like to propose we take an agenda during the week.
If there is sufficient material for a meeting, any active members can offer
to lead a meeting (during out usual time Tuesday 10 am PDT) to discuss the
proposed items.

I think this will also have the added benefit of preparing attendees for
the discussion. Overall this will allow us to avoid group think as we
explore important topics in the discussion. If everyone involved has a
chance to consider the issues independently first, we will hopefully be
able to include a broader perspective in the meetings.

Please respond to this thread with suggestions for the new meeting strategy
or with some items you would like to discuss at the next meeting.

- Jason Altekruse