drill-dev mailing list archives

From Aditya <adityakish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Drill version 0.6.0-incubating
Date Mon, 06 Oct 2014 19:47:58 GMT
Initially built using 1.7 and moving to 1.8 is fine.

In the other direction, there are chances that you'll hit
java.lang.ClassFormatError somewhere.

I'll check why it is failing on Linux (built fine on a Windows machine).

On Mon, Oct 6, 2014 at 11:46 AM, Julian Hyde <julianhyde@gmail.com> wrote:

> The good news: I tried using 1.8.0-b132 on mac os x. All tests passed.
>
> The bad news: I tried again on ubuntu 14.04.1 with the latest jdk 1.8
> (1.8.0_20-b26) and got a test failure on two runs. (Sorry, I wiped away the
> log. But it looked like a real test failure.) So, it’s worth testing linux.
>
> Also, regarding your remarks that people should do a ‘clean’ before these
> runs. Of course it makes sense to clean after checking out a new branch,
> but I hope you intend that people can run Drill using JDK 1.8 even on
> binaries built using JDK 1.7. It would be awkward to require different
> binaries for different runtime JDKs.
>
> Julian
>

> On Oct 5, 2014, at 8:51 PM, Julian Hyde <jhyde@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > Aditya,
> >
> > I tried your branch on JDK 1.8.0-b132 / Ubuntu linux 14.04. It builds
> > and the test suite passes.
> >
> > I'll try on JDK 1.8 mac os tomorrow.
> >
> > Julian
> >
> > On Fri, Oct 3, 2014 at 7:20 PM, Aditya <adityakishore@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> I have pushed the 3 patches required for Drill to build and run unit
> tests
> >> with JDK8 to my private branch [1]. Now all tests are passing on my
> >> machine. Can few more people give it a try?
> >>
> >> [1]
> https://github.com/adityakishore/incubator-drill/tree/JAVA-8-SUPPORT

> fine.

> sphillips@maprtech.com>

> requires

> julianhyde@gmail.com>

ran “mvn install”
3 errors in

> that
but I’ll let others

<

signatures
and checked that the
> web

Chen <
> tnachen@gmail.com>

jdk 1.7

Sharma <
> yash360@gmail.com>

distributions.
NOTICE, LICENSE Files.
for src and binary
> distributions.
& binary distribution
> (Embeded
sqlline and web interface.

Steven Phillips <

promised to fix.

that were brought up, but I
candidates last time. The
in present.

that we were supposed to
> fix
so I can take care of them asap.

PM, Ted Dunning <

looked at packaging aspects?
> What
that we promised to fix in
> this

PM, Neeraja Rentachintala <
wrote:

> [...]
ball and played with a variety of
> JSON
data from MongoDB

at 2:59 PM, Jinfeng Ni <

tar ball.  Build and run the whole
> unit
in embedded mode and run sample
> queries.
tar ball.  Start sqlline in embedded

at 10:33 AM, Tomer Shiran <

2, 2014 at 3:06 AM, Steven Phillips <

like to propose the release of Apache Drill,

includes 37 resolved JIRAs [1].

are hosted at [2].

will be open for 72 hours, ending 3 AM
> Pacific,