drill-dev mailing list archives

From Aditya <adityakish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Drill version 0.6.0-incubating
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2014 17:30:17 GMT
As per Apache bylaws [1], in the stricter sense, only PPMC vote is binding.
However, it also mentions that "... procedural votes from developers and
committers are sometimes considered binding if the voter has acquired
enough merit and respect in the community".

For Drill releases, like many other Apache projects, we consider votes from
Committers as binding while every other vote is counted as non-binding.

1. http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html#binding-votes