drill-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Scott <jsc...@maprtech.com>
Subject Re: Drill graduation vote
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2014 20:22:58 GMT
The PMC members and the Committer members do not have to be equivalent to
one another. Asking people to renounce the commitership would not really
serve a purpose for the project other than to say "we have too many
committers".

I (not being a committer) agree with Tomer "Perhaps we should ask the
initial committers to email the private list specifying whether they intend
to be involved in the project going forward."

They will still get a vote in the graduation and they should at least chime
in if they intend to actively participate or not.

--
*Jim Scott*
Director, Enterprise Strategy & Architecture

 <http://www.mapr.com/>
[image: MapR Technologies] <http://www.mapr.com>