drill-dev mailing list archives

From Norris Lee <norr...@simba.com>
Subject RE: LIKE clause escape character
Date Thu, 16 Oct 2014 01:04:50 GMT
Thanks for the reply. I just tested this out in SQLLine, looks like this is not supported in
Drill.

Does anyone else know?

Norris

-----Original Message-----
From: Julian Hyde [mailto:julianhyde@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 15, 2014 2:45 PM
To: drill-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: LIKE clause escape character

I believe that according to the SQL standard you have to provide one explicitly. And therefore
you get to choose your own. Most people use back-slash.

Thus:

> Select * from INFORMATION_SCHEMA.`TABLES` where TABLE_NAME LIKE 'bit#_table' ESCAPE '#'

will find only tables with underscores. The same character can escape both '%' and '_'.

I don't know whether Drill does this, but Calcite does.

Julian