drill-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Hsuan-Yi Chu <hsua...@usc.edu>
Subject Re: Proposal for Skipping Records
Date Mon, 16 Nov 2015 23:01:13 GMT
It is defined with respect to the behavior of function evaluation. If a
function evaluation fails (throwing exceptions), we then considered
something bad with the input record of this function.

I agree people might have different beliefs on the definition. However,
from the aspect of users' experience, they could just proceed and see the
different types of errors at the log, which helps them judge whether the
failure is tolerable or not.