drill-dev mailing list archives

From Aman Sinha <amansi...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Time for a 1.5 release?
Date Thu, 28 Jan 2016 20:04:39 GMT
I upgraded to mvn 3.3.9 (using brew install maven) on my mac.  I ran into
some other issues .. running out of PermGen and when I bumped it up to
256M, ran into OutOfMemoryError during the build.   I will have more time
later today to look into it.

On Thu, Jan 28, 2016 at 11:23 AM, Jason Altekruse <altekrusejason@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Aman,
>
> This is the failure that he was seeing. He figured out that the new
> exclusions in jdbc-all were not being respected when the build was run with
> an older Maven version, causing the jar size to increase significantly. He
> added an enforcer to make sure the JAR didn't grow unexpectedly. Can you
> try to update your maven version and re-run the build?
>
> - Jason
>
> On Thu, Jan 28, 2016 at 11:18 AM, Aman Sinha <asinha@maprtech.com> wrote:
>
> > Jacques, I am getting the following build failure on the latest master
> > branch...is this what you saw for the Apache build ?  My mvn version
> output
> > is shown below.  Should we all be upgrading to a newer mvn ?
> >

> > [INFO] --- maven-enforcer-plugin:1.3.1:enforce
> > (enforce-jdbc-jar-compactness) @ drill-jdbc-all ---
> > [WARNING] Rule 0: org.apache.maven.plugins.enforcer.RequireFilesSize
> failed
> > with message:
> > The file drill-jdbc-all-1.5.0-SNAPSHOT.jar is outside the expected size
> > range.
> >
> >                   This is likely due to you adding new dependencies to a
> > java-exec and not updating the excludes in this module. This is important
> > as it minimizes the size of the dependency of Drill application users.
> >

> /Users/asinha/incubator-drill/exec/jdbc-all/target/drill-jdbc-all-1.5.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
> > size (44664121) too large. Max. is
> >

> 20000000/Users/asinha/incubator-drill/exec/jdbc-all/target/drill-jdbc-all-1.5.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
> >

> > Administrators-MacBook-Pro-144:incubator-drill asinha$ mvn --version
> > Apache Maven 3.0.5 (r01de14724cdef164cd33c7c8c2fe155faf9602da; 2013-02-19
> > 05:51:28-0800)
> > Maven home: /opt/local/share/java/maven3
> > Java version: 1.7.0_45, vendor: Oracle Corporation
> > Java home:
> > /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.7.0_45.jdk/Contents/Home/jre
> > Default locale: en_US, platform encoding: UTF-8
> > OS name: "mac os x", version: "10.9.5", arch: "x86_64", family: "mac"
> >
> > On Thu, Jan 28, 2016 at 8:20 AM, Jacques Nadeau <jacques@dremio.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Build back to normal. It looks like the Apache server was using an old
> > > version of Maven. Once I switched to something more recent, the build
> > > passed.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Jacques Nadeau
> > > CTO and Co-Founder, Dremio