drill-dev mailing list archives

From Aman Sinha <asi...@maprtech.com>
Subject Re: Time for a 1.5 release?
Date Thu, 28 Jan 2016 19:18:17 GMT
Jacques, I am getting the following build failure on the latest master
branch...is this what you saw for the Apache build ?  My mvn version output
is shown below.  Should we all be upgrading to a newer mvn ?

[INFO] --- maven-enforcer-plugin:1.3.1:enforce
(enforce-jdbc-jar-compactness) @ drill-jdbc-all ---
[WARNING] Rule 0: org.apache.maven.plugins.enforcer.RequireFilesSize failed
with message:
The file drill-jdbc-all-1.5.0-SNAPSHOT.jar is outside the expected size
range.

                  This is likely due to you adding new dependencies to a
java-exec and not updating the excludes in this module. This is important
as it minimizes the size of the dependency of Drill application users.
/Users/asinha/incubator-drill/exec/jdbc-all/target/drill-jdbc-all-1.5.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
size (44664121) too large. Max. is
20000000/Users/asinha/incubator-drill/exec/jdbc-all/target/drill-jdbc-all-1.5.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

Administrators-MacBook-Pro-144:incubator-drill asinha$ mvn --version
Apache Maven 3.0.5 (r01de14724cdef164cd33c7c8c2fe155faf9602da; 2013-02-19
05:51:28-0800)
Maven home: /opt/local/share/java/maven3
Java home:
/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.7.0_45.jdk/Contents/Home/jre
OS name: "mac os x", version: "10.9.5", arch: "x86_64", family: "mac"

On Thu, Jan 28, 2016 at 8:20 AM, Jacques Nadeau <jacques@dremio.com> wrote:

> Build back to normal. It looks like the Apache server was using an old
> version of Maven. Once I switched to something more recent, the build
> passed.
>
> --
> Jacques Nadeau
> CTO and Co-Founder, Dremio
>
> On Thu, Jan 28, 2016 at 7:02 AM, Jacques Nadeau <jacques@dremio.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Hmm... this merge caused the Apache build to fail. Investigating...
> >
> > --
> > Jacques Nadeau
> > CTO and Co-Founder, Dremio
> >
> > On Thu, Jan 28, 2016 at 6:31 AM, Jacques Nadeau <jacques@dremio.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> I got clean regression runs as well. I've merged the patch.
> >>
> >> Jason, you want to start the release process?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Jacques Nadeau
> >> CTO and Co-Founder, Dremio

> it