drill-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Altekruse <altekruseja...@gmail.com>
Subject Time for a 1.5 release?
Date Mon, 04 Jan 2016 21:48:37 GMT
Hello All,

With the allocator changes merged and about a month since the last release
I think it would be good to start a vote soon. I would like to volunteer to
be release manager.

I know that there were some issues that were identified after the transfer
patch was merged. I think that these issues should be fixed before we cut a
release candidate.

>From looking at the associated JIRAs it looked like there was a possible
short term fix just adjusting the max_query_memory_per_node option, and
some more involved work to change how we determine the correct time to
spill during external sort. I believe it makes sense to make external sort
work well with the newly improved memory accounting before cutting a
release, but I'm not sure how much work is left to be done there. [1]

Please respond with your thoughts on a release soon and any JIRAs you would
like to include in the release.

[1] - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DRILL-4243

Thanks,
Jason