drill-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Oshinsky <doshin...@commvault.com>
Subject Re: [Vote] Cleaning Up Old PRs
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2018 22:50:15 GMT
Tim,
It took well over one year before anyone started looking at my August 2016 PR to implement
VARDECIMAL decimal types improvements:
https://github.com/apache/drill/pull/570

Volodymyr Vysotskyi ultimately grabbed the decimal types ball and ran with it, but I am concerned
that my PR and some others would have gotten flushed prematurely with this kind of automatic
cleaning regimen.

Just my 2.5 cents.

Dave Oshinsky

From: Timothy Farkas <tfarkas@mapr.com>
Sent: Wednesday, June 6, 2018 6:12 PM
To: dev@drill.apache.org
Subject: [Vote] Cleaning Up Old PRs

The subject of this vote is whether / how to use probot stale.

https://github.com/probot/stale

Please fill out the survey below.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/NGDCX8R

If you feel this completely misses the mark of what should be done, please discuss on this
thread. Also this is my first survey monkey poll, so if there are any issues please let me
know. I'll follow up in two weeks to discuss the results.

Thanks,
Tim
"This communication may contain confidential and privileged material for the
sole use of the intended recipient. Any unauthorized review, use or distribution
by others is strictly prohibited. If you have received the message by mistake,
please advise the sender by reply email and delete the message. Thank you."