drill-dev mailing list archives

From Timothy Farkas <tfar...@mapr.com>
Subject Re: [Discuss] Cleanup Old PRs
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2018 01:05:15 GMT
Closed the first round of obsolete PRs. Went from 148 open to 125 open.

I observed some other low hanging fruit that could be closed. Specifically there were some
small PRs against gh-pages, half of which were already +1'd but never merged and the other
half of which looked pretty reasonable to me but never reviewed. So my question is what is
the proper process for merging changes into gh-pages?

Paul to kickstart the process of pushing PRs over the line I'll compile a list of PRs that
were +1'd but never merged. Perhaps we can get some committers to volunteer to update the
old +1'd PRs and merge them.

Thanks,
Tim

________________________________
From: Paul Rogers <par0328@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2018 4:53:24 PM
To: dev@drill.apache.org
Subject: Re: [Discuss] Cleanup Old PRs

+1

I just learned to ignore the ancient PRs; they were not adding much value.

If a PR looks like it could be resurrected, we might consider 1) assigning a committer to
help push it over the line, and 2) check back with submitter to see if they can update it.

We tried the above a few times over the last couple of years and were able to finish a couple
of otherwise-stale PRs.

Thanks,
- Paul