drill-dev mailing list archives

From Arina Yelchiyeva <arina.yelchiy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: July Apache Drill board report
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2018 12:32:14 GMT
Sure, Charles. I have added point about newly added functions as well.
We have so many features / improvements so it's hard to list them all :),
that's why also added note in the report that the list is not full.

=====

 - Drill is a Schema-free SQL Query Engine for Hadoop, NoSQL and Cloud
Storage.

## Issues:
 - There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.

## Activity:
 - Currently 1.14.0 release is being prepared. Below is not a full list of
features / enhancements besides numerous bug fixes to be included in the
release:
  - Decimal data type enhancements
  - Generic Logfile Format Plugin
  - Image Metadata Format Plugin
  - Official Drill Docker Container
  - Spill to disk for the Hash Join implementation
  - Drill Plugins Handler
  - Support CGROUPs resource management
  - Support Phonetic and String Distance functions

## Health report:
 - The project is healthy. Development activity as reflected in the pull
requests and JIRAs is good.
 - Activity on the dev and user mailing lists are stable.
 - Two new committers and one new PMC member were added in the last period.

## PMC changes:

 - Currently 20 PMC members.
 - Vitalii Diravka was added to the PMC on Tue Jun 26 2018
 - Arina Ielchiieva was elected as new PMC Chair on Wed Jul 30 2018

## Committer base changes:

 - Currently 45 committers.
 - New commmitters:
    - Padma Penumarthy was added as a committer on Mon Jun 18 2018
    - Timothy Farkas was added as a committer on Fri May 25 2018

## Releases:

 - Last release was 1.13.0 on Mon Mar 19 2018

## Mailing list activity:

 - dev@drill.apache.org:
    - 432 subscribers (down -5 in the last 3 months):

 - issues@drill.apache.org:

 - user@drill.apache.org:

## JIRA activity:

=====