drill-dev mailing list archives

From Arina Yelchiyeva <arina.yelchiy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Contrib Plugin Question
Date Mon, 03 Sep 2018 14:39:55 GMT
Hi Charles.

Recently new udfs module was added under contrib, you can can take look at
that PR for the example.

Regarding unit tests and data availability:
1. create TEST resources folder where you'll copy your data.
2. use dirTestWatcher to copy data to the root / tmp / custom directory.
3. query the data:

@Test
public void t() {
  dirTestWatcher.copyResourceToRoot(Paths.get("complex_1.parquet"));
  queryBuilder().sql("select * from dfs.`root`.`complex_1.parquet`").printCsv();
}

Also I would suggest you create module formats under contrib and place your
format plugin module under formats: contrib / formats / format-plugin.