drill-user mailing list archives

From "Sivasubramaniam, Latha" <Latha.Sivasubraman...@Aspect.com>
Subject RE: Unable to query data from hdfs
Date Wed, 08 Apr 2015 14:59:47 GMT
Hi,

Thanks for your responses. Even though I had done use hdfs, only when I fully qualified the
file name it worked. But I am not able to access files without .csv extension.

I modified

"csv": {
      "type": "text",
      "extensions": [
        "csv"
      ],
      "delimiter": ","

"csv": {
      "type": "text",
      "extensions":  null,
      "delimiter": ","

And tried to access hdfs file 'DIM_Agents' and I get the same error. With null extensions,
I can't access 'test.csv' also, once I reverted back csv format description then I could access
test.csv again, but I cannot access other files with either of the format descriptions.

Below are what I tried. Is '_'  (underscore) a problem in the file name. All my hdfs files
are in text format.

0: jdbc:drill:zk=rtr-poc-imp1:2181> select * from hdfs.root.`/test.csv`;
+------------+------------+
|  columns   |    dir0    |
+------------+------------+
| ["1","Latha"] | root       |
| ["2","Roshan"] | root       |
+------------+------------+
2 rows selected (0.276 seconds)
0: jdbc:drill:zk=rtr-poc-imp1:2181> select * from hdfs.root.`/DIM_Agents`;
Query failed: SqlValidatorException: Table 'hdfs.root./DIM_Agents' not found

Error: exception while executing query: Failure while executing query. (state=,code=0)
0: jdbc:drill:zk=rtr-poc-imp1:2181> select * from hdfs.root.`/DIM_Agents`;
Query failed: SqlValidatorException: Table 'hdfs.root./DIM_Agents' not found

Error: exception while executing query: Failure while executing query. (state=,code=0)
0: jdbc:drill:zk=rtr-poc-imp1:2181> select * from hdfs.root.`/test.csv`;
Query failed: SqlValidatorException: Table 'hdfs.root./test.csv' not found

Error: exception while executing query: Failure while executing query. (state=,code=0)
0: jdbc:drill:zk=rtr-poc-imp1:2181> select * from hdfs.root.`/DIM_Agents`;
Query failed: SqlValidatorException: Table 'hdfs.root./DIM_Agents' not found

Error: exception while executing query: Failure while executing query. (state=,code=0)
0: jdbc:drill:zk=rtr-poc-imp1:2181> select * from hdfs.root.`/test.csv`;
Query failed: SqlValidatorException: Table 'hdfs.root./test.csv' not found

Error: exception while executing query: Failure while executing query. (state=,code=0)
0: jdbc:drill:zk=rtr-poc-imp1:2181> select * from hdfs.root.`/test.csv`;
+------------+------------+
|  columns   |    dir0    |
+------------+------------+
| ["1","Latha"] | root       |
| ["2","Roshan"] | root       |
2 rows selected (0.112 seconds)

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Latha
This email (including any attachments) is proprietary to Aspect Software, Inc. and may contain
information that is confidential. If you have received this message in error, please do not
read, copy or forward this message. Please notify the sender immediately, delete it from your
system and destroy any copies. You may not further disclose or distribute this email or its
attachments.