drill-user mailing list archives

From Alonzo Barnett <abarn...@lexmark.com>
Subject RE: Drill connect to S3 with AWS EMR role
Date Tue, 12 May 2015 13:13:10 GMT
 Thank you for the help.

I am using the jetS3t support. I will look into setting up emrfs support
today, though, and share anything I come up with.

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Note® 4, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

-------- Original message --------
From: David Tucker <dtucker@maprtech.com>
Date: 05/12/2015 1:18 AM (GMT-05:00)
To: user@drill.apache.org
Subject: Re: Drill connect to S3 with AWS EMR role

The current version of Hadoop in EMR (both Apache and MapR) does not
support the IAM authentication to S3 without the credentials in core-site.
 I believe the support has been integrated into Hadoop 2.6 … so when the
EMR distributions upgrade to that level, the access you request should be
supported.

Did you successfully configure the drill-bit to use the full EMRFS jars, or
did you default to the older jets3t support ?   If you have the classpath
settings for full emrfs support, please share them with the group (and I
will integrate that support into the MapR EMR bootstrap action under
development for Drill).

Regards,
   David