drill-user mailing list archives

From Andries Engelbrecht <aengelbre...@maprtech.com>
Subject Re: Drill 1.0 schema changes
Date Tue, 19 May 2015 16:11:44 GMT
Seems like you are trying to do a count on a column family in MapR-DB or HBase.

Try using a specific column rather than a column family.

select count(c.personal.name) from maprdb.customers c;

Please keep in mind that Drill has to manage schema on the fly, so it can’t assume that
the schema will stay the same, thus operations like count(*) or in this case count on a column
family is very tricky to manage. For most reliable operation, it is best to select a specific
column.

With greater flexibility comes responsibility to understand certain operations better in this
environment.

—Andries