drill-user mailing list archives

From "mohit.kaushik" <mohit.kaus...@orkash.com>
Subject Drill ODBC connection test fails
Date Tue, 12 May 2015 12:23:25 GMT

I am trying to configure the Drill ODBC driver on centos. I have
installed the iodbc driver manager "libiodbc-3.52.10" and the Drill
driver "MapRDrillODBC-0.09.0.x86_64.rpm" and I am using the
Driver=/opt/mapr/drillodbc/lib/64/libmaprdrillodbc64.so. my zkClusterId
is correct. I have checked everything many times but haveing problem
while trying to test connection with "iodbctest"

1: SQLDriverConnect = [iODBC][Driver Manager]Sample MapR Drill DSN 64:
cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory (0) SQLSTATE=00000
2: SQLDriverConnect = [iODBC][Driver Manager]Specified driver could not
be loaded (0) SQLSTATE=IM003

The documentation says

      [iODBC][Driver Manager]Data source name not found and no default
      driver specified. Driver could not be loaded, SQLSTATE=IM002

There are several reasons why this message could occur. The best
solution is to trace through what's happening: your application has been
linked against libiodbc, which has tried to find an odbc.ini file one
way or another - either through the ODBCINI environment variable or the
fall-back paths (typically /etc/odbc.ini, depending on how it was
compiled). You should check that such a file exists in a suitable
location, and that it is accessible (particularly if your application
runs with different user privileges - such as apache/php running as a
www-data user).

Additionally, it could be that iODBC has found a suitable odbc.ini file,
but none of the file(s) found contain the DSN you've requested. Check
the syntax of your request - is the ODBC connect-string correct, and
does the DSN you're requesting exist? See also the section of this FAQ,
above, entitled `What's an odbc.ini and what do I put in it?'.

I see no permission issues, file is present and is not corrupt. Any hints?

Regards
Signature

*Mohit Kaushik*
Software Engineer
A Square,Plot No. 278, Udyog Vihar, Phase 2, Gurgaon 122016, India
*Tel:*+91 (124) 4969352 | *Fax:*+91 (124) 4033553

<http://politicomapper.orkash.com>interactive social intelligence at work...

<https://www.facebook.com/Orkash2012>
<http://www.linkedin.com/company/orkash-services-private-limited>
<https://twitter.com/Orkash> <http://www.orkash.com/blog/>
<http://www.orkash.com>
<http://www.orkash.com> ... ensuring Assurance in complexity and uncertainty

/This message including the attachments, if any, is a confidential
business communication. If you are not the intended recipient it may be
unlawful for you to read, copy, distribute, disclose or otherwise use
the information in this e-mail. If you have received it in error or are
not the intended recipient, please destroy it and notify the sender
immediately. Thank you /