drill-user mailing list archives

From Davide Giannella <dav...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Connection timeout 1.0.0
Date Thu, 21 May 2015 03:48:32 GMT
On 20/05/2015 15:37, Andries Engelbrecht wrote:
> Drill in embedded mode does not use zookeeper.
>
> Have you tried to just run just   bin/drill-embedded      from the Drill Home directory?
this is what I did following the drill 10 minutes
> This works fine for me on OSX, and I followed the documentation outlined in
> http://drill.apache.org/docs/drill-in-10-minutes/
>
> I didn’t use sudo to extract the tar package.
I didn't as well.

Nevertheless today I got a different error and I guess it's not a
problem with either permissions or previously running processes as I
kill -9 any drill process and I tried running drill with sudo, which
should clear the permissions issues if any.

The new error follows below.

I tried running bin/sqlline and it went up without errors but then I
fail in connecting with !connect 127.0.0.1 admin admin as it says it's
missing a jdbc class. I tried providing as well the jdbc:drill:zk. My
hunch is that I didn't provide the correct -cp when firing up the script
but as I don't have much time I didn't investigate any further.

Thank you
Davide

Error: Failure in starting embedded Drillbit:
java.net.UnknownHostException: davide-osx: davide-osx: nodename nor
servname provided, or not known (state=,code=0)
java.sql.SQLException: Failure in starting embedded Drillbit:
java.net.UnknownHostException: davide-osx: davide-osx: nodename nor
servname provided, or not known
    at
org.apache.drill.jdbc.DrillConnectionImpl.<init>(DrillConnectionImpl.java:102)
    at
org.apache.drill.jdbc.DrillJdbc41Factory$DrillJdbc41Connection.<init>(DrillJdbc41Factory.java:97)
    at
org.apache.drill.jdbc.DrillJdbc41Factory.newDrillConnection(DrillJdbc41Factory.java:60)
    at
org.apache.drill.jdbc.DrillJdbc41Factory.newDrillConnection(DrillJdbc41Factory.java:46)
    at
org.apache.drill.jdbc.DrillFactory.newConnection(DrillFactory.java:54)
    at
net.hydromatic.avatica.UnregisteredDriver.connect(UnregisteredDriver.java:126)
    at sqlline.DatabaseConnection.connect(DatabaseConnection.java:167)
    at sqlline.DatabaseConnection.getConnection(DatabaseConnection.java:213)
    at sqlline.Commands.connect(Commands.java:1083)
    at sqlline.Commands.connect(Commands.java:1015)
    at
    at
    at
sqlline.ReflectiveCommandHandler.execute(ReflectiveCommandHandler.java:38)
    at sqlline.SqlLine.dispatch(SqlLine.java:734)
    at sqlline.SqlLine.initArgs(SqlLine.java:519)
    at sqlline.SqlLine.begin(SqlLine.java:587)
    at sqlline.SqlLine.start(SqlLine.java:366)
    at sqlline.SqlLine.main(SqlLine.java:259)
Caused by: java.net.UnknownHostException: davide-osx: davide-osx:
nodename nor servname provided, or not known
    at java.net.InetAddress.getLocalHost(InetAddress.java:1473)
    at
org.apache.drill.exec.service.ServiceEngine.start(ServiceEngine.java:66)
    at org.apache.drill.exec.server.Drillbit.run(Drillbit.java:241)
    at
org.apache.drill.jdbc.DrillConnectionImpl.<init>(DrillConnectionImpl.java:97)
    ... 19 more
Caused by: java.net.UnknownHostException: davide-osx: nodename nor
servname provided, or not known
    at java.net.Inet6AddressImpl.lookupAllHostAddr(Native Method)
    at java.net.InetAddress$1.lookupAllHostAddr(InetAddress.java:901)
    at
java.net.InetAddress.getAddressesFromNameService(InetAddress.java:1293)
    at java.net.InetAddress.getLocalHost(InetAddress.java:1469)
    ... 22 more