drill-user mailing list archives

From Ganesh Muthuraman <mganesh...@outlook.com>
Subject Running Drill with Amazon IAM role
Date Thu, 14 May 2015 04:29:59 GMT
I am trying to run drill for exploring data on a data lake setup on Amazon S3. I have an option
of assigning an IAM role to an EC2 instance on AWS and am able to restrict access to the S3
bucket based on the role privileges. If I want to run drill as part of that EC2 instance,
how can I have drill 'assume' the role that is assigned to that instance instead of using
the access ID and secret key from the core-site.xml file?
The intent is to enable access restrictions based on an IAM role while exploring the data
on S3.
-Ganesh