drill-user mailing list archives

From Abhishek Girish <abhishek.gir...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [newbie]: how to query HDFS
Date Fri, 22 May 2015 00:23:34 GMT
Hi Alan,

What you are attempting to do wouldn't work. Without a drillbit running on
the remote cluster, there is no way I see we can access that file system
from Drill.

If you'd like to connect to a remote cluster (cluster B), the options I see
are

(1) Install Drill on cluster B and use a local client :) It shouldn't be
that hard!

(2) Install Drill on cluster B and a client on cluster A. If you are
connecting via Sqlline, provide IP of a node on cluster B using the
"drillbit" parameter (sqlline -u jdbc:drill:drillbit=<IP>)
     I tried this with MapR and it worked for me.

-Abhishek