drill-user mailing list archives

From Hao Zhu <h...@maprtech.com>
Subject Re: "Illegal instant due to time zone offset transition"
Date Fri, 08 May 2015 00:06:31 GMT
Per my test, setting drill-override.conf like below can not work.
It will add another configuration "drill.exec.user.timezone" which does not
take effect.
Adding
-Duser.timezone=UTC to DRILL_JAVA_OPTS in drill-env.sh works.

drill.exec: {
  cluster-id: “xyz",
  zk.connect: “abc:5181",
  *user.timezone: "UTC"*
}

> select * from sys.options where name like '%timezone%';
+------------+------------+------------+------------+------------+------------+------------+
|    name    |    kind    |    type    |  num_val   | string_val |
 bool_val  | float_val  |
| drill.exec.user.timezone | STRING     | BOOT       | null       | "UTC"
   | null       | null       |
| user.timezone | STRING     | BOOT       | null       | "America/New_York"
| null       | null       |

Thanks,
Hao