drill-user mailing list archives

From Jim Bates <jba...@maprtech.com>
Subject Drill 1.0 schema changes
Date Tue, 19 May 2015 15:35:18 GMT
I was doing some basic counts on 1.0 and I noticed that drill is doing a
schema change and I want to know if I can prevent that and only do it if I
want it done.

On the dill sandbox I did a count of a simple field and it worked fine:
select COUNT(orders) from hive.orders;

on anything with a nested JSON it throws an error
select COUNT(personal) from maprdb.customers limit 1;

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.sql.SQLException: UNSUPPORTED_OPERATION
ERROR: Streaming aggregate does not support schema changes

What is the best way to control / mitigate this?