drill-user mailing list archives

From George Lu <luwenbin...@gmail.com>
Subject How to deploy Drill to achieve optimal performance
Date Tue, 05 May 2015 07:54:33 GMT
Hi all,

These days, I am trying Drill to see whether Drill fits the realtime/near
realtime interactive queries requirement.
I have a HBase server, underlying HDFS contains three data nodes, and I
deployed 7 Drill nodes within the cluster.
I have several million records in the HBase table and I issue queries like
SUM, MAX, COUNT against the table and found the Drill costs like 5 to 6
minutes on average to get the result.

Such latency is not ideal for interactive use.

I know Drill is used for low-latency query, so I would like to ask for help
how to achieve that? How to make Drill run queries in low-latency (in
seconds not minutes)?

Any suggestions are welcome!

Thanks!

George