drill-user mailing list archives

From George Lu <luwenbin...@gmail.com>
Subject Do I need to install Drill on each of the Hadoop data nodes or HBase RegionServer
Date Sun, 03 May 2015 14:55:34 GMT
Hi all,

For the distributed mode installation, I have some questions,

1) Do I need to install Drill to each Hadoop Data Node or HBase
RegionServer? Or I can install to any nodes in the cluster?

2) From the "Deploying Apache Drill in a Clustered Environment" in the
confluence page, mentions below:
"If you are using external JAR files, edit drill-env.sh, located in
/opt/drill/conf/, and define HADOOP_HOME:"

What is external JAR files? What is the purpose if I set the HADOOP_HOME?

Thanks!

George Lu