drill-user mailing list archives

From Adam Gilmore <dragoncu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Understanding Drill's timestamp and timezone
Date Tue, 12 May 2015 05:13:05 GMT
I must say - this is really confusing and seems to be undocumented.

I think if Drill is going to not support a timestamp with timezone in the
near future, it should deal with ALL date/times as UTC, or at the very
least provide functions to convert between the two where applicable.

For example, the new extended JSON support ($date) will parse a date such
as "2015-01-01T00:22:00Z" and convert it to the local time.  So if you were
to (as we are) create a Parquet table from JSON (with extended JSON), then
all the dates in the Parquet file will be created as local time
(incorrectly).