drill-user mailing list archives

From Adam Gilmore <dragoncu...@gmail.com>
Subject Query planning cost
Date Thu, 07 May 2015 06:08:07 GMT
Hi guys,

I've been looking at the speed of some of our queries and have noticed
there is quite a significant delay to the query actually starting.

For example, querying about 70 Parquet files in a directory, it takes about
370ms before it starts the first fragment.

Obviously, considering it's not in the plan, it's very hard to see where
exactly it's spending that 370ms without instrumenting/debugging.

How can I troubleshoot where Drill is spending this 370ms?