drill-user mailing list archives

From David Tucker <dtuc...@maprtech.com>
Subject Re: Drill connect to S3 with AWS EMR role
Date Tue, 12 May 2015 05:17:39 GMT
The current version of Hadoop in EMR (both Apache and MapR) does not support the IAM authentication
to S3 without the credentials in core-site.   I believe the support has been integrated into
Hadoop 2.6 … so when the EMR distributions upgrade to that level, the access you request
should be supported.

Did you successfully configure the drill-bit to use the full EMRFS jars, or did you default
to the older jets3t support ?   If you have the classpath settings for full emrfs support,
please share them with the group (and I will integrate that support into the MapR EMR bootstrap
action under development for Drill).

Regards,
   David