drill-user mailing list archives

From Oscar Morante <spacep...@gmail.com>
Subject 'DATE - DATE' not supported?
Date Tue, 09 Feb 2016 14:47:18 GMT

Hi there,

I'm new to both the list and Drill.  I'm doing some tests using Tableau
and when I use the `DATEDIFF` function in a calculated field Tableau
generates queries that contain stuff like this:

    SELECT DATE '2009-01-01' - DATE '2009-05-05' FROM (values(1));

...which throws this error:

    ExampleExceptionFormatter: exception message was: VALIDATION ERROR:
    From line 1, column 8 to line 1, column 44: Cannot apply '-' to
    arguments of type '<DATE> - <DATE>'. Supported form(s): '<NUMERIC> -

    <NUMERIC>'
    '<DATETIME_INTERVAL> - <DATETIME_INTERVAL>'
    '<DATETIME> - <DATETIME_INTERVAL>'

I was looking around and according to the original task (DRILL-549) that
kind of query should be supported.  Is this a regression?  Am I doing
something wrong?

Thanks,

--
Oscar Morante
"Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is."