drill-user mailing list archives

From John Darlington <jdarling...@switchautomation.com>
Subject Problem traversing a directory
Date Thu, 04 Feb 2016 04:00:39 GMT
I am a new user of Drill .. I have spent the last week obsessively watching every video I could
find .. the technology is very exciting. I am particularly interested in using Drill over
Azure Blob Store to read our Json Time Series Data. I have started working through the examples
in the documentation and have come across a blocker at the query functions at https://drill.apache.org/docs/query-directory-functions/

I have setup the examples according to instructions but am getting the following error:

org.apache.drill.common.exceptions.UserRemoteException: VALIDATION ERROR: Unexpected internal
error near index 1 \ ^ [Error Id: 97b39db3-bbbf-46fb-89a3-4862acbebe67 on darlo:31010]

I also get this error when trying to query a directory using my own examples which I have
been working up.  I have installed my test environment on a 64 bit Win10 machine using Drill
1.4.0.

I managed to locate Drill 1.3.0 and the examples above which fail in 1.4 worked as expected
in 1.3

Hope you can provide some inisight into this problem.

I would move forward with my testing using 1.3 except that I have blocker there also where
Drill is applying the incorrect type to my decimal data and we do not have the:
                ALTER SESSION SET `store.json.read_numbers_as_double` = true;
Command available.

Thanks in advance.

John Darlington | CTO
Switch Automation<http://www.switchautomation.com/>

"Connected Buildings. Smarter Operations. Better Business."
0412 550 379 | Skype: john-darlington | @SwitchHQ<https://twitter.com/switchhq>
503-505 Kent St, Sydney