drill-user mailing list archives

From Andries Engelbrecht <aengelbre...@maprtech.com>
Subject Re: Apache Drill and missing add Criteria on Microsoft Query
Date Sun, 14 Feb 2016 18:20:47 GMT
Pictures don't show on the email list, you may point to a link.

In regards to the original question. The application manages the criteria to be inserted in
the SQL  to send to Drill via the ODBC driver. Example is that MicroStrategy allows you to
do FreeForm SQL where you can add criteria that are added to the query before sending to Drill.
In this case you may want to look into the MS Query/Excel features available. This really
needs to be managed by the application and not the ODBC driver.

The ODBC driver does ship with Drill Explorer to help you do data discovery from a more GUI
interface, but likely not exactly what you are looking for.

--Andries