drill-user mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Drill & Caravel
Date Fri, 13 May 2016 15:25:23 GMT
SQLAlchemy generates SQL queries and passes them on to Drill. Since
SQLAlchemy already understands Drill, most of what will be needed is slight
tuning for SQL dialect and providing a mechanism for SQLAlchemy to get
meta-data from views.  Tableau does the meta-data discovery using limit 0
queries to get column names. We would hope that similar methods would work.