drill-user mailing list archives

From Jason Altekruse <ja...@dremio.com>
Subject Re: CTAS Out of Memory
Date Fri, 13 May 2016 16:19:34 GMT
I could not find anywhere this is mentioned in the docs, but it has come up
a few times one the list. While we made a number of efforts to move our
interactions with the Parquet library to the off-heap memory (which we use
everywhere else in the engine during processing) the version of the writer
we are using still buffers a non-trivial amount of data into heap memory
when writing parquet files. Try raising your JVM heap memory in
drill-env.sh on startup and see if that prevents the out of memory issue.

Jason Altekruse
Software Engineer at Dremio
Apache Drill Committer