drill-user mailing list archives

From Scott Kinney <scott.kin...@stem.com>
Subject Re: queries take over 2 min
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2016 15:21:35 GMT
Yep, I disabled all other storage plugins (default dfs, cp and custom s3 plugin) and the alter
session took .5 sec as opposed to 169.
Thank you!

________________________________
Scott Kinney | DevOps
stem   |   m  510.282.1299
100 Rollins Road, Millbrae, California 94030

This e-mail and/or any attachments contain Stem, Inc. confidential and proprietary information
and material for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any review, use or distribution
that has not been expressly authorized by Stem, Inc. is strictly prohibited. If you are not
the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete all copies. Thank you.

From: Jinfeng Ni <jinfengni99@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, June 01, 2016 9:18 PM
To: user
Subject: Re: queries take over 2 min

Drill will register schema tree for each enabled storage plugin, even
though the query does not refer to one particular SP. If your s3 is
very slow, it's possible that such slow SP will impact all the
queries.

On Wed, Jun 1, 2016 at 9:02 PM, Scott Kinney <scott.kinney@stem.com> wrote:
> I do have an s3 plugin enabled. I'll try disabling it. I hope that's not it because ultimatly
s3 is where we want it pointed to.
> I'll also try restarting the instance. I've never run across a bad instance but i'm sure
it happens. also the instance feels normal with everything else.