drill-user mailing list archives

From Scott Kinney <scott.kin...@stem.com>
Subject best approach for complex, several levels of json nesting
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2016 17:36:23 GMT
We have lots a different json structures gzipped in s3 that we want to query (currently looking
at Drill and Druid). What is the best approach for getting this into a queryable format for
drill? I tried FLATTEN(KVGEN(data)) but since out structures are often nested multiple levels
this doesn't work. ?We have also converted to parquet but when i run drill on a parquet file
the structure isn't getting flattened either.

What is the best approach for this situation?

Thanks all,

Scott Kinney | DevOps
stem <http://www.stem.com/>   |   m  510.282.1299
100 Rollins Road, Millbrae, California 94030

This e-mail and/or any attachments contain Stem, Inc. confidential and proprietary information
and material for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any review, use or distribution
that has not been expressly authorized by Stem, Inc. is strictly prohibited. If you are not
the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete all copies. Thank you.