drill-user mailing list archives

From Andries Engelbrecht <aengelbre...@maprtech.com>
Subject Re: Drillbit endpoint not found
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2016 14:58:41 GMT
You have to specify the zk port in jdbc url with sqlline
sqlline -u jdbc:drill:zk=127.0.0.1:2181

If you use a zk quorum you can specify all the zk nodes in similar fashion.
Also if you use JDBC connectivity with other tools you will need to add the drill cluster
ID.

For more info and examples see

https://drill.apache.org/docs/using-the-jdbc-driver/ <https://drill.apache.org/docs/using-the-jdbc-driver/>

--Andries

> On Jun 9, 2016, at 7:25 AM, Sebastian Hamann <drvmmen@web.de> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> First: Thanks for all the help for my last question.
> Now I got another problem:
> I was running drill in embedded mode and my autosetup(download everything from java to
drill and set it up and run queries) works perfectly for it. The next step is to bring this
to a cluster.
> For testing purposes I want to run zookeeper, drillbit and the drill-client all on my
main node for node. If that works the next step would be to start drillbits on all nodes and
find a good configuration for the zookeeper, but Iam not so far yet. (just mentioning here
if someone has a better idea I am always welcoming new ideas).
> So now to the actual problem:
> So the zookeeper is running on the localhost/127.0.0.1:2181 and I can connect to it/check
if its running
> (cfg consists only of tickTime=2000 dataDir=/tmp/zookeeper clientPort=2181).
> Then I start the drillbit with the drillbit.sh on the same node and when I check the
status it says that its running.
> When I know try to start the drill client, either via drill-localhost, drill-conf (drill.exec:
{cluster-id: "drillbits1",zk.connect: "127.0.0.1:2181"}) or sqlline -u jdbc:drill:zk:127.0.0.1
(which if I understood it right should have all the same effect in my configuration), I get
the error message at the bottom (currently drill is always supposed to execute that test query).