drill-user mailing list archives

From Sebastian Hamann <drvm...@web.de>
Subject Query execution in Drill
Date Fri, 03 Jun 2016 14:41:45 GMT
Hi,
Iam currently trying to write a shell script to automatically setup
drill (embedded for now) and execute queries on it.
1. Is there an option to execute SQL from command line or file, like in
Hive?
(I mean the hive -e 'sql statement' or hive -f <filename>)

2. If not: What is a good way to simulate such behaviour? Based on an
idea of mine: Is there maybe a way to start drill without starting the
drill prompt so that I can send queries through the rest API in the same
script?

I have looked throught he archives and google and still could not find
an easy solution for this.

Thanks in advance!