drill-user mailing list archives

From "Lin, Yaxiong" <lin.yaxi...@mayo.edu>
Subject Dynamic setting of user id / password for Storage plugin
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2016 15:05:18 GMT
Hi,

I am evaluating Drills as the query service for our analytics applications to access various
data sources and it seems to fill the needs very well. However I have one concern/question
that I could not find the answer from Drill’s website or on google.

My question/concern is that from what I’ve read, the storage plugin configuration requires
static user id and password set in the configuration which storage plugin will use to connect
to the backend data source/database. I need Drill client to pass the user id and password
at query submission to storage plugin (e.g. RDMBS) and have storage plugin use that to connect
to the back end data source/database.  Obviously each client has his/her own set of user id
and password for each data source/database.  Is there anyway that I can achieve this?

Thanks.

Yaxiong Lin
Mayo Clinic